Hosted by: Stephen Billingham, Worldchefs Chef2Chef Ambassador & HTA School of Culinary Art, Chef Silvano Costantini (Electrolux Chef Academy)
Dress code: Chef Whites
Electrolux Professional and WORLDCHEFS are pleased to invite you to a Chef2Chef training seminar as a part of their “Art & Science Come Together” alliance. These workshops will educate chefs on implementing sustainable practices in the kitchen while maintaining high standards. The chefs will serve quality food, balancing a mix of Electrolux innovative solutions and the chefs’ creativity. Lunch will be provided at the school prepared by the Young chef students. Bring your knives.
The Aim of the Workshop
The workshop will focus on the Cook & Chill system, new technology that incorporates an oven and blast chiller in a single solution. This innovative approach to sustainable cooking also improves chefs’ daily activities. The aim of the workshop is to build on and extend the range of skills, techniques and knowledge on smoking of food. This seminar would assist in acquiring new culinary knowledge & skills while discovering the chemistry of smoking and the secrets behind it perfecting the taste of every dish by choosing the right tools, techniques, equipment and ingredients.
On completion of this practical session participants will have acquired the ability to:
- An optimized work process incorporating the latest technology
- Higher levels of food safety
- Reduction in food loss and, ultimately, food waste
- Higher profitability for the food service operation
- Understand & learn the dynamics and the chemical process behind the smoking of different types of food
- Explain & demonstrate an understating of application of smoking using various cooking technologies(Sous Vide etc)
- Successfully use Electrolux Technology for hot & cold smoking
- Master the use of the smoker in order to achieve the best flavour while meeting the requirement of local cuisine
- Select the most suitable wood in order to obtain the best results and flavour
- Apply Smoking preparing wide variety of recipes from different market segments