“Art & Science Come Together” workshop in Singapore
Electrolux Professional and WORLDCHEFS are pleased to invite you to the first Chef2Chef training seminar in 2017 as a part of their “Art & Science Come Together” alliance. These workshops will educate chefs on implementing sustainable practices in the kitchen while maintaining high standards. The chefs will serve quality food, balancing a mix of Electrolux innovative solutions and the chefs’ creativity.
Art & Science Seminar as part of the partnership between Electrolux & WorldChefs took place in the Center of Excellence, Singapore gathering Senior Chefs and industry experts aiming at delivering different preparation and regeneration techniques linked to Cook and Chill system for Chinese Banqueting. The chefs in attendance got to learn more about how technology could assist in running and managing different types of Kitchens profitably, improving Food Cost and better managing Waste.
The Aim of the Workshop
The workshop will focus on the different preparation and regeneration techniques linked to Cook and Chill system, a new technology that incorporates an oven and blast chiller in a single solution. This innovative approach to sustainable cooking also improves chefs’ daily activities, food cost, food waste and the ability to be more independent to suppliers.
The aim of the workshop is to build on, and extend the range of skills, techniques and knowledge on hotel and catering operations previously acquired. This session aims to build on current technical practices and create new culinary knowledge, skills, and techniques using cook&chill and proper regeneration in different ways to enhance the food item and the menu.
The key features and benefits of Cook and Chill for Chinese Banqueting include:
- The possibility to be creative, using Cook&Chill in your menu
- Being less dependent on suppliers
- Able to purchase seasonal items in larger quantities for a cheaper price
- Higher levels of food safety
- Higher level of hygene
- An optimized work process incorporating the latest technology
- Reduction in food loss and, ultimately, food waste
- Higher profitability for the food service operation
On completion of this practical session participants will have acquired the ability to:
- Understanding of how Cook&Chill can reduce food cost & control the profitability in operations
- Maximize the use of Cook&Chill system in Hotel and Catering operations
- Reduce the weight loss & control the food texture using Sous Vide cooking technology and low temperature cooking process
- Standardize & monitor the food quality & safety in bulk productions and achieving consistency throughout your operation
- Focus on innovative equipment in Hotel and Catering operation in order to increase productivity & improve the workflow
- Learn to manage rethermalization process in order to achieve consistency, sustainability & quality during catering or banqueting operations
- How to use different accessories such as the “Vulcano Smoker”, Sous Vide food temperature core probe, Grill Trays and Plate Regeneration Trolleys