8 oz hazelnuts
8 oz confectioner sugar
8 oz dark chocolate, coarsely chopped.
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups old-fashioned whole rolled oats
2 and 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus more for topping if desired
- First, make the Gianduja. In the Electrolux Professional TRK combine the hazelnuts, confectioners sugar, and dark chocolate. Puree until the nuts have become a smooth chocolate mixture.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients except for the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Pulse the TRK until everything is combined.
- Remove the dough and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F on convection mode.
- Using a 1 ¼ ounce scoop, scoop the dough onto a parchment or silicone lined sheet tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set on a cookie sheet and rest for 10 minutes. Alternately place the entire tray in the Electrolux Professional Blast Chiller for 90 seconds and enjoy immediately.
*Gianduja is a sweet chocolate spread containing 30% hazelnuts. Make your own home-made version using the TRK!