UN Global compact and Sustainable Development Goals (SDG´s)
The United Nation´s Sustainability Development Goals (SDGS) and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development seek to end poverty and hunger, realize the human rights of everyone, achieve gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls, and ensure lasting protection of the planet and its natural resources. The Global Goals are integrated and indivisible and balance the three dimensions of sustainable development: economic, social and environmental.
Our contribution to the SDGs
Electrolux Professional supports Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals. We recognize that long-term profit goes hand-in-hand with sustainable development. We have identified SDGs, where we believe we have bigger opportunities to contribute to the agenda.
The Sustainable Development Goals are the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. They address the global challenges we face, including those related to poverty, inequality, climate change, environmental degradation, peace and justice.
SDG´s supported by Electrolux Professional:
Electrolux Professional recognizes the importance of actions with regard to climate change mitigation and supports the ambitions of the Paris Agreement. We believe that we can make contributions throughout our value chain by developing energy-efficient products and work with energy efficiency in our operations. We also aim at being an active supporter of switching to renewable and non-fossil energy sources.
Our main actions
- Deploy and offer energy-efficient and low-consuming products
- Identify alternatives to HFC (Hydrofluorocarbons) gases
- Use material and resources in an efficient way
- Implement energy-efficiency in plants (EPS internal system)
- ISO 50001 certificates in main plants
- Be an active supporter to switch to renewable electricity
- Avoid investments in fossil fuel applications
Water scarcity affects more than 40 per cent of the global population and is projected to rise. As a number of our products consume water, Electrolux Professional can contribute by developing and offer water-efficient products. We can also contribute to the preservation of local water resources in our industrial sites through water risk assessments and increased water efficiency.
Our main actions
- Develop and offer more water-efficient/low-consuming products
- Water risk assessments in our own operations
- Water efficiency in our own operations, with special focus in water risk countries
- Management of water discharge to control quality and destination
Knowing that our employees are the single-most important factor in achieving long-term success, we are committed to continuously developing a work environment that enables sustainable performance where all employees can deliver at their best. Our commitment to health and safety goes beyond ensuring compliance with rules and legislation.
Our main actions
- Program for Occupational Health and Safety
- User ergonomics and product safety integrated in product development (including third-.party certifications)
- Zero tolerance on slavery, trafficking, and child labor
- Respect for labor rights (ILO conventions)
- Code of Conduct training
- Supplier assessments and procurement practices
To reduce the environmental footprint related to our products and operations, a major focus is to develop and offer sustainable products to our customers. In our manufacturing sites, we focus on managing and reducing our environmental impacts related to chemicals, emissions and waste as well as through the efficient use of resources.
Our main activities
- Environmental management in operations (EPS) including third-party ISO 14001 certifications (legal compliance, chemical management, effluents, emissions and waste management)
- Environmental performance in operations (water, energy, scraps etc.)
- Efficient use of materials
- Sustainability reporting
- Sustainable innovations and product efficiency
- Drive employee engagement
- Respect for labor and human rights
Electrolux Professional values diversity and inclusion and discourages discrimination and harassment. We strive to increase the share of female leaders within all levels of the company.
Our main actions:
- Anti-discrimination policies
- Actively promote diversity and inclusion
SDG 3 – Health and wellbeing
We provide hygiene and disinfection solutions that can help to prevent the spread of infections and deceases. We also promote and work with the health and safety of our employees.
SDG 17- Partnerships for the goals
Electrolux Professional is a signatory of the UN Global Compact and engages in various partnerships to support sustainable development. In 2020, the company CEO signed the Statement from Business Leaders for Renewed Global Cooperation
SDG 16 – Peace, Justice and Strong Intuitions
Electrolux Professional is a signatory of the UN Global Compact and commits to its 10 principles regarding human rights, labor, anti-corruption and environment.
SDG 11 – Sustainable cities and communities
Electrolux Professional is participating in cooperation for sustainable community building. We believe that our efficient and durable solutions within the shared economy can contribute to more sustainable cities and communities.
Learn more about the